UCLA is located in West Los Angeles, 15 miles north of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). It takes approximately 30-45 minutes to reach UCLA from LAX, depending on traffic conditions, which vary by time and day of travel.
Ground transportation is available from the lower/arrival level of LAX.
Taxi stops are marked with a yellow sign indicating "TAXI" (reservations are not required):
- Bell Cab (888) 235-5222 or (800) 666-6664
- Beverly Hills Cab Company (310) 272-6611
- Checker Cab (310) 300-5007
- United Independent Taxi (310) 821-1000 or (800) 411-0303
- Yellow Cab (310) 808-1000 or (800) 200-1085
Shuttle stops are marked with an orange sign indicating "SHARED RIDE VANS".
- Super Shuttle (800) 258-3826 (800-BLUE-VAN)
- Prime Time Shuttle (800) 342-7200 (800-RED-VANS)
If you are renting a car, look for the purple sign indicating "RENTAL CAR SHUTTLE", which will take you to the rental car terminal (located off-site). UCLA has special corporate rates with the major rental car agencies which provide low rates and complete insurance coverage. Please give the corporate ID # when making reservations or renting your car. Restrictions for coverage may apply to foreign travelers – please check with the rental car agency or call the UCLA Travel Center at (310) 206-2639.
- Hertz (Corporate ID # : 71596) (800) 654-3131
- Alamo (Corporate ID # : 75796) (800) 462-5266
- National (Corporate ID # : 5400325) (800) 227-7368
- Avis (Corporate ID # : A128803) (800) 230-4898
- Budget (Corporate ID # : T449008) (800) 527-0700
- Enterprise (Corporate ID # : NA32032) (800) 261-7331