Research and Teaching Interests:
Adaptation and learning, statistical signal processing, estimation and filtering theories, signal processing for communications, distributed processing, bio-inspired networks, system theory
Awards and Recognitions
|2014||Athanasios Papoulis Award from the European Association for Signal Processing for “fundamental contributions to the advancement of research and education in the areas of adaptive and statistical signal processing.”|
|2014||Highly Cited Researcher, Thomson Reuters|
|2014||Best Paper Award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society|
|2013-2015||Leverhulme Visiting Professorship, United Kingdom|
|2013||Plenary Speaker, ICASSP, Vancouver, Canada|
|2013||Plenary Speaker, EUSIPCO, Marrakesh, Morocco.|
|2013||IEEE Signal Processing Society Meritorious Service Award by the IEEE Signal Processing Society for “ exemplary service to and leadership in the Signal Processing Society.”|
|2012||IEEE Signal Society Technical Achievement Award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society for his “fundamental contributions to adaptive and statistical signal processing..”|
|2012||Best Paper Award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society|
|2012||Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (IEEE)|
|2011||Best Student Paper Award, EUSIPCO Conference, Barcelona, Spain|
|2005||Frederick E. Terman Award from the American Society for Engineering Education.|
|2005||IEEE Distinguished Lecturer for the IEEE Signal Processing Society|
|2005||Young Author Best Paper Award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society|
|2003||Kuwait Prize in Basic Sciences for contributions in the areas of adaptation and learning.|
|2002||Best Paper Award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society|
|2001||Fellow, Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)|
|2001||Best Student Paper Award, Nonlinear Signal and Image Processing|
|1999||Best Student Paper Award, Nonlinear Signal and Image Processing|
|1996||Donald G. Fink Prize from the IEEE|
- A. H. Sayed, “Adaptive Networks ,” *Proceedings of the IEEE*, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 460-497, April 2014.
- A. H. Sayed, “Adaptation, learning, and optimization over networks,” *Foundations and Trends in Machine Learning*, vol. 7, issue 4-5, pp. 311-801, NOW Publishers, Boston-Delft, 2014.
- J. Chen, Z. J. Towfic, and A. H. Sayed, “Dictionary learning over distributed models,” *IEEE Trans. Signal Process.* vol. 63, issue 4, pp. 1001-1016, February 2015.
- X. Zhao and A. H. Sayed, “Asynchronous adaptation and learning over networks – Part I: Modeling and stability analysis,” *IEEE Trans. Signal Process.*, vol. 63, issue 4, pp. 811-826, February 2015.
- A. H. Sayed, S.-Y. Tu, J. Chen, X. Zhao, and Z. Towfic, “Diffusion strategies for adaptation and learning over networks,” *IEEE Signal Processing Magazine*, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 155-171, May 2013.
- S-Y. Tu and A. H. Sayed, “Diffusion strategies outperform consensus strategies for distributed estimation over adaptive networks,” *IEEE Trans. Signal Processing*, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 6217-6234, Dec. 2012.
- Z.J. Towfic, S.-K. Ting, and A. H. Sayed, “Clock jitter compensation in high-rate ADC circuits,” *IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing*, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 5738-5753, November 2012.
- Q.Zou, S. Zheng, and A. H. Sayed, “Cooperative sensing via sequential detection,” *IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing*, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 6266-6283, December 2010.
- Z.Quan, S. Cui, and A. H. Sayed, ”Optimal linear cooperation for spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks,” *IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing*, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 28-40, Feb. 2008.
- M.Sadek, A. Tarighat and A. H. Sayed, “A leakage-based precoding scheme for downlink multi-user MIMO channels,” *IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications*, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1711-1721, May 2007.