Research and Teaching Interests:
Electronics supply chain, digital media, technology and public policy
|Awards and Recognitions|
|2014||Member, Council on Foreign Relations|
|2013||One of the Most Significant Papers in IEEE Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines|
|2011||Fellow, The Brookings Institution|
- J. Villasenor, “Corporate Cybersecurity Realism: Managing Trade Secrets in a World Where Breaches Occur,” to appear in the American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal, 2015
- L.-W. Kim and J. Villasenor, “Automated Iterative Pipelining for ASIC design,” to appear in the ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, 2015.
- J. Villasenor, “First Sale Under Title 17” Testimony before the House Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet, June 2, 2014
- L.-W. Kim and J. Villasenor, “Dynamic Function Replacement for System-on-Chip Security in the Presence of Hardware-Based Attacks,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 63, No. 2, pp. 661-675, June 2014.
- J. Villasenor, “Products Liability and Driverless Cars: Issues and Guiding Principles for Legislation” The Brookings Institution, April 2014.
- J. Villasenor, “‘Drones’ and the Future of Domestic Aviation,” Proceedings of the IEEE, March 2014
- J. Villasenor, “Compromised By Design? Securing the Defense Electronics Supply Chain” The Brookings Institution, November 2013
- J. Villasenor and M. Tehranipoor, “The Hidden Dangers of Chop-Shop Electronics: Clever counterfeiters sell old components as new, threatening both military and commercial systems,” IEEE Spectrum, September 20, 2013
- J. Villasenor, “Smartphones for the Unbanked: How Mobile Money Will Drive Digital Inclusion in Developing Countries” The Brookings Institution, September 2013
- J. Villasenor, “Observations from Above: Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Privacy” Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, Spring, 2013
- V. Mohan and J. Villasenor, “Decrypting the Fifth Amendment: The Limits of Self-Incrimination in the Digital Era” University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law Heightened Scrutiny, vol. 15, October 2012