Madhuri Suthar, Professor Jalali’s student, is the recipient of the following awards in India.
- State Bank of India Student of the Year Award: For securing highest G.P.A in the B.Tech programme of Indian School of Mines for 2013-14.
- ISM Gold Medal: For securing first position in the class of 85 students of Electronics and Communication Engineering B.Tech programme of Indian School of Mines for 2013-14.
- Sneh Lata Srivasatva Memorial Gold Medal: On being selected as the best female student of B.Tech/ 5-year Dual Degree/ 5-year Integrated programmes of Indian School of Mines for 2013-14.
- ISM Alumni Association (ISMAA) Award: For best UG student admitted through IIT-JEE in Indian School of Mines for 2013-14.
- Late Mrs. Poonam (Khanna) Singh Memorial Cash Award: For being the best B.Tech Student of Indian School of Mines for the session 2013-14.
She received these at a commencement ceremony at her undergraduate alma mater ISM Dhanbad. These were conferred to Madhuri by the Honorable Minister of Human Resources and Development (HRD) Govt. of India, Mrs. Smriti Irani, in the 37th annual commencement ceremony of ISM-Dhanbad held on April 8, 2016.
“Madhuri is a truly exceptional student and is doing fantastic on her research here at UCLA.” -Bahram Jalali