Lieven Vandenberghe, Professor
NSF CAREER Award, 1999
Personal Website: Link
Office: 66-147L Engr. IV, Phone: 310.206.1259, Email
Lieven Vandenberghe received his M.S.E.E. and Ph.D degrees from Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium, in 1987 and 1992, respectively. He has been on the faculty of the UCLA Electrical Engineering Department since 1997. He is a member of IEEE, SIAM, and the Mathematical Programming Society.
Professor Vandenberghe's research interests are in optimization in engineering, applications in systems and control, circuit design, and signal processing.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2002 HSSEAS TRW Excellence in Teaching Award
- 1998 NSF CAREER Award
- 1993 Robert Stock Award, K.U. Leuven
- 1990 Guillemin-Cauer Best Paper Award, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- H. Wolkowicz, R. Saigal, L. Vandenberghe, editors, Handbook of Semidefinite Programming: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications, Kluwer Academic, 2000.