1. Western Digital [Irvine, CA]
The SoC Development Team at Western Digital has immediate openings for ASIC Verification. The job location is at the company headquarters in Irvine, CA. To apply, please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ASIC Verification Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define verification architecture, implement verification environment and verify blocks and SoC subsystems that use advance verification methodologies and meet established content, performance, quality, cost and schedule goals.
- Define overall verification strategies, methodologies, and simulation environment
- Work with RTL designers and system architects to develop verification requirements and test plans based on specifications. Develop, maintain and publish verification specifications.
- Run gate level simulation and debug them.
- Analyze and debug simulation failures
- Generates code coverage and functional coverage report
- Analyze equipment and tools and conducting experimental tests and evaluates results
- Review vendor capability to support product development
- Participate in the development of department level processes, including the documentation of processes and procedures, and recommendations for improvements to existing processes.
- Create, track, and close Bugs in bug tracking tool like Bugzilla
- Provide verbal and written status including reports to manager and/or other staff members
- B.S. (GPA >3.2) or M.S. (GPA >3.5) or Ph.D in electrical/computer engineering or equivalent
- Master’s degree in EE or CS is preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of strong experience in design & verification roles in complex SOCs.
- Knowledge in coverage driven verification methodologies.
- Knowledge is Verification language such as Specman e or System Verilog and Assertion languages
- Strong background in Object Oriented Programming
- Prior experience with UNIX/Linux development environment
- Experience with Simulation environments and debug