Dr. Chao Wang is currently a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the University of Kent, United Kingdom.
Current Contact Information
- Chao Wang
- School of Engineering and Digital Arts
- Jennison Building
- University of Kent
- Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NT, United Kingdom
- E-mail: email@example.com
Welcome to Chao Wang @ UCLA
Dr. Chao Wang was a NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow with Prof. Bahram Jallai in Photonics Laboratory at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). His research interests and experience mainly include microwave photonics, biophotonics, ultrafast optics, fiber optics, and silicon photonics. For more information about his research work, please go to the Research page.
- Microwave Photonics : photonic generation of microwave arbitrary waveforms, photonic microwave filtering, radio-over-fiber and UWB-over-fiber.
- Biophotonics : real-time spectrally-encoded confocal microscopy, high-throughput imaging and manipulation of rare cells, microfludics, optical coherent tomography.
- Ultrafast Optics : coherent optical pulse shaping, characterization of ultrafast opticsl pulses.
- Fiber Optics : fiber lasers and amplifiers, fiber Bragg gratings, fiber-optic sensors and ultrafast interrogation systems, photonic crystal fiber devices.