Kang Wang, Distinguished Professor and Raytheon Chair in Electrical Engineering
Life Fellow, IEEE, 1992
Research Group: Device Research Laboratory
Office: 66-147C Engr. IV, Phone: 310.825.1609, Email
Kang L. Wang received the B.S.E.E. from the National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, in 1964. He earned both the M.S.E.E. and the Ph.D. in electrical engineering from M.I.T., in 1966 and 1970, respectively.
Prof. Wang has been with the Electrical Engineering Department at UCLA since 1979. He was Chair of the department from 1993 to 1996. He is a Fellow of the IEEE, and a member of the American Physical Society, the Materials Research Society, the Eta Kappa Nu Society, the Sigma Xi Society and the Phi Tau Phi Honor Society. He has chaired many international conferences and symposia. He also serves as Editor-in-Chief of IEEE TNANO, Editors of Artech House and other publications.
Nanoelectronics and nanoarchitectures, Spintronics and Nanomagnetics; nanoscale science, devices and quantum systems; nonvolatile electronics and low dissipation devices; molecular beam epitaxy; optoelectronics and solar cells.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2010-2014 IEEE Tnano Editor-in-Chief
2009 Semiconductor Industry Award Research Award
- 2009 Director of King Abdulaziz City for Science & Technology (KACST)
- 2007 IBM Faculty Award
- 2006 Raytheon Chair Professor of Physical Electronics
- 2006 Director of Western Institute of Nanoelectronics (WIN)
- 2003 Director of National Center of Functional Engineered Nano Architectonics (FENA)
- 1996 Semiconductor Research Corporation Technical Excellency Award
- 1992 Fellow, IEEE
- 1987-88 Guggenheim Fellow Award, Max Planck Institute, Germany
- Wang, K.L. and Ovchinnikov, I., "Nanoelectronics and Nanospintronics: Fundamentals and Materials Perspective", In: Advances in Electronic Materials, Kasper, E., Mussig, H- J. and Grimmeiss, H. (Eds.), Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, Vol. 608, pp. 133- 158 (2009)
- Wang, K.L., Galatsis, K., Ostroumov, R., Ozkan, M., Likharev, K. and Botros, Y., "Chapter 10: Nanoarchitectonics: Advances in Nanoelectronics", In: Handbook of Nanoscience, Engineering, and Technology, Second Edition, Goddard, W., Brenner, D.W., Lyshevski, S.E. and Iafrate, G.J. (Eds.), CRC Press, pp.10.1-10.24 (2007)
- Eshaghian-Wilner, M. M., Flood, A. H., Khitun, A., Stoddart, J. F., Wang, K., "Chapter 14. Molecular and Nanoscale Computing and Technology", In: Handbook of Nature- Inspired and Innovative Computing: Integrating Classical Models with Emerging Technologies, Zomaya, A.Y. (Ed.), USA: Spinger-Verlag, 477-510 (2006)
- K. L. Wang and A. A. Balandin, editors, The Handbook of Semiconductor Nanostructures and Nanodevices, America Scientific Publishers, 2005