The UCLA campus is easily accessible from the 405 freeway. Enter your starting address here to access driving directions to the department.
Directions from LAX
Total Estimated Distance: approximately 15 miles.
Total Estimated Time: approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
Simple map with directions from LAX to UCLA
- Take the 405 San Diego Freeway North (Santa Monica/Sacramento).
- Exit on Wilshire Boulevard East.
- Turn north (left) on Westwood Boulevard, which takes you directly into the campus. Westwood Blvd becomes Westwood Plaza. Please proceed to the kiosk which is on Westwood Blvd, in front of P9, inform the parking staff that you’re attending the Electrical Engineering Annual Research Review and they will give you a pass for either P9 or P8.
- The Engineering IV (Henry Samueli building) is the red brick building on your right (north of Parking Structure P9). The Engineering IV building has two entrances, one on the south and west sides of the building.
- Click on the link under the map to enlarge it for more details.
Directions to Lot 2 — near Faculty Center
From Wilshire Boulevard – 405 Freeway
- From Wilshire Blvd., turn left to Galey Avenue or Westwood Blvd.
- Turn right at Lindbrook Drive
- Take Hilgard Avenue
- Turn left on Westholme Avenue
- Proceed to the Parking Kiosk up ahead
- Make a U-turn around the kiosk
- Turn immediate right at Westholme Avenue
- Turn immediate left going to Parking Structure #2
- Across Parking Structure #2 to the north (past the kiosk) is the Faculty Center