Visiting UCLA Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the Engineering 4 Building
The UCLA campus is easily accessible from the 405 freeway. Enter your starting address HERE to access driving directions to the department.
Directions from LAX
Via I-405, 12 miles, approximately 30 minutes (without traffic) [Map image]
(leading to parking Structure 9)
- Get on I-405 in Los Angeles from World Way, Airport Blvd. and S. La Tijera Blvd.
- Follow I-405 N to Wilshire Blvd. Take the Wilshire Blvd. E exit from I-405 N
Follow Wilshire Blvd, Westwood Blvd. and Westwood Plaza to your destination in Los Angeles
- Merge into Wilshire Blvd.
- Turn left onto Westwood Blvd.
- Continue straight onto Westwood Plaza
- Proceed to the parking kiosk along Westwood Plaza (past Charles Young Drive) to gain access to parking ($10)
- Continue straight onto Strathmore Place (the next signal) and turn right and follow the driveway to the right
- Parking Structure 9 is on the right side and Engineering 4 Building is on the left side.
Alternative Parking Structures:
Parking Structure 8
- From Westwood Plaza parking kiosk, take a U-turn on Strathmore Place
- Entrance to the parking structure is on the right side. Turn right after Strathmore building
Parking Structure 2
- From Wilshire Blvd., turn left onto Gayley Ave.
- Turn right onto Lindbrook Dr.
- Bear left onto Hilgard Ave.
- Turn left onto Westholme Ave.
- The parking kiosk in on your right side
- Turn left onto Charles Young Drive E to proceed to parking structure 2
The Engineering 4 Building has two access points: southside, across parking structure 9 leads to double elevators while the westside, leads to a single elevator. The Electrical and Computer Engineering department occupies the fifth and sixth floors, and extends to Boelter Hall on the sixth floor accessible via a bridgeway from the fifth floor of Engineering 4 Building.