Position Title: Display Engineer Intern
Apple is looking for an Display Engineer Intern to lead the development and qualification activities to design and develop innovative Flat Panel Displays used in iPad.
This individual will serve as a focal point among iPad system mechanical and EE team, display optical and EE team, supply management team and display vendors, managing all engineering activities necessary to deliver displays into final products from initial design concept. The individual will be responsible for the overall display module development acting as Direct Responsible Individual
- Investigate up-to-date Flat Panel Display technologies and generate new approaches to further enhance Apple iPad display optical performances
- Define and review the overall module optical/electrical architecture (LCD or OLED) & performance requirements / specification
- Define & implement rigorous validation plan for a total display optical performances
- Analyze the optical film stack related failures and LCD / OLED cell related failures to improve the performance of display device
- Work with system team to integrate and validate display modules at system level
- Work with project teams and supply base throughout product development phase and support the initial product ramp
- Work with cross-functional team to do failure analysis on LCD / OLED defects / front of screen issues
- Demonstrated ability to perform optical design & analysis.
- Ph.D student in progress with background in EE or optics (imaging, polarization, or illumination optics).
- In-depth knowledge of LCD TFT, LC cell design or OLED and production process.
- Experience in working directly with mainstream LCD or OLED vendors is preferred.
- Simulation capability with Zemax, LightTools or other ray tracing simulation tools.
For students who are interested, send resume to Daming Xu (email@example.com)