The JPL Facilities Engineering & Design Group seeks a qualified graduate or undergraduate architecture, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering intern to work with Facilities Engineering & Design staff on LiDAR field verification and as-built record drawing tasks on site at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA. This position offers a unique opportunity for a qualified student to become proficient in Leica/Audodesk scan-to-BIM workflows including LiDAR scanning, scan registration, point cloud optimization, and BIM modeling from point cloud data in a uniquely complex, historic and ever-evolving aerospace facility. Qualified candidates will be a self-motivated, technologically ambitious, detail oriented, tractable, highly communicative, team player. Candidates must demonstrate AutoCAD/Revit 2D drafting and 3D modeling proficiency and a strong understanding industry standard CAD/BIM naming, layering, x-referencing, family type, worksharing, file management, and data management conventions (e.g. National CAD Standards, BIMForum LOD Specification, NBIMS-US).
- AutoCAD (2-years exp.)
- Revit (2-years exp.)
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent data management skills
- 3+ years design & engineering coursework
- Demonstrable professional experience in design & engineering
- 2 letters of recommendation from direct academic or professional supervisors
- Desire to expand technical capacity in industry frontline LiDAR field verification methodology
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
The application link and additional information may be found here:
Applicants please be advised to indicate “Facilities Engineering & Design” in the interest field of the application, in addition to any additional interest criteria. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Submission deadline, April 18th.
– Open to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs).
– Students must be available full time (40 hours per week) for at least 10-weeks in the summer.
– Summer internships begin in May and June, on the first business day of each week.
– Participants receive a weekly stipend. Stipend amounts vary and are subject to change.
– Housing and travel allowances are not provided, however, program participants have the option of living in the Caltech dormitories for the summer guest housing rate. Rates are the discretion of the Caltech Department of Institute Housing and are subject to change.
28x | Facilities Engineering & Design (2813)
JPL | jpl.nasa.gov
4800 Oak Grove Dr, Mail Stop 200-219L
Pasadena, California 91109