Research and Teaching Interests:|
Semiconductor and electronic devices, integrated circuit manufacturing technology, bioelectronics and medical device technology, heterogeneous integration and exploratory nanotechnology
|Awards and Recognitions|
|2015||UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science (HSSEAS) Engineering Tech Forum Best in Engineering Poster Prize|
|2013||UCLA HSSEAS Engineering Tech Forum Student Poster Competition 3rd Prize|
|2013||UCLA HSSEAS Bioengineering Capstone Design Symposium Student Poster Presentation 1st Prize|
|2011||UCLA HSSEAS Northrop Grumman Excellence in Teaching Award|
|2011||UCSD von Liebig Entrepreneurism Center 2011 Regional Health Care Innovation Challenge Award|
|2011||University of California, Los Angeles Faculty Career Development Award|
|2011||Chinese American Faculty Association (CAFA) Robert T. Poe Faculty Development Award|
|2010||The 25th IEEE International Symposium on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Systems (DFT’10) Best Student Paper Award|
|P. Narayanan, M. Leuchtenburg, J. Kina, P. Joshi, P. Panchapakeshan, C. O. Chui, and C. A. Moritz, “Parameter Variability in Nanoscale Fabrics: Bottom-Up Integrated Exploration,” Proc. 25th IEEE Int. Symp. Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Syst. (DFT’10), pp. 24-31, Kyoto, Japan, October 6-8, 2010.|
|2009||IEEE Electron Devices Society Early Career Award (http://eds.ieee.org/early-career-award.html)|
|2004||The 13th Workshop on Dielectrics in Microelectronics (WoDiM 2004) Best Paper Award|
|H. Kim, P. C. McIntyre, C. O. Chui, K. Saraswat, and S. Stemmer, “Engineering Chemically Abrupt High-k Metal Oxide/Silicon Interfaces Using Oxygen-Gettering Metal Overlayers,” The 13th Wrkshp. Dielectrics in Microelectronics (WoDiM 2004), Paper 4a-2, Kinsale, Ireland, June 28-30, 2004.|
|2003||The 60th IEEE Device Research Conference (DRC) Best Student Paper Award|
|C. O. Chui, S. Ramanathan, B. B. Triplett, P. C. McIntyre, and K. C. Saraswat, “Ultrathin High-k Gate Dielectric Technology for Germanium MOS Applications,” IEEE 60th Annual Dev. Res. Conf. (DRC) Dig., Paper VII.B-2, pp. 191-192, Santa Barbara, CA, June 24-26, 2002.|
- A. Pan and C. O. Chui, “Modeling Direct Interband Tunneling. I. Bulk Semiconductors,” J. Appl. Phys., vol. 116, art. 054508, 2014.
- A. Pan and C. O. Chui, “Modeling Direct Interband Tunneling. II. Lower-Dimensional Structures,” J. Appl. Phys., vol. 116, art. 054509, 2014.
- K. Shoorideh and C. O. Chui, “On the Origin of Enhanced Sensitivity in Nanoscale FET-based Biosensors,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, vol. 111, no. 14, pp. 5111-5116, 2014.
- A. Pan, S. Chen, and C. O. Chui, “Electrostatic Modeling and Insights regarding Multigate Lateral Tunneling,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 2712-2720, 2013.
- S. M. Wen and C. O. Chui, “CMOS Junctionless FET Manufacturing Cost Evaluation,” IEEE Trans. Semicond. Manuf., vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 162-168, 2013.
- K. Shoorideh and C. O. Chui, “Optimization of the Sensitivity of FET-Based Biosensors via Biasing and Surface Charge Engineering,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 3104-3110, 2012.
- A. Pan and C. O. Chui, “A Quasi-Analytical Model for Double-Gate Tunneling Field-Effect Transistors,” IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 1468-1470, 2012.
- Y. Mao and C. O. Chui, “Transient Measurement Approaches to Differentiate Non-Specific Binding in Affinity-Based Bioanalytical Assays,” J. Appl. Phys., vol. 112, art. 024702, 2012.
- G. Leung and C. O. Chui, “Variability Impact of Random Dopant Fluctuation on Nanoscale Junctionless FinFETs,” IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 767-769, 2012.
- G. Leung and C. O. Chui, “Variability of Inversion-Mode and Junctionless FinFETs due to Line Edge Roughness,” IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 1489-1491, 2011.