The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, jointly with the Computer Science Department, has established a new undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering. Computer engineers build complex hardware-software systems ranging from small Internet-of-things to large data centers.
Computer Engineering Faculty in ECE Department.
- Xiang “Anthony” Chen (Human-computer interaction, sensing and interaction techniques, intelligent user interfaces, computational design and fabrication)
- Jason Cong (Computer system architecture, energy-efficient computing, reconfigurable computing, electronic design automation, fault-tolerant design of VLSI systems, design for nanotechnologies, design and analysis of algorithms). Joint appointment with CS Department.
- Puneet Gupta (Design-technology co-optimization, variability and reliability-aware computer architecture, electronic design automation, technology-enabled machine learning systems)
- Lei He (Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT); Programmable Logic (FPGA), AI-on-A-Chip, Quantum Computing; Modeling, Simulation and Validation for VLSI Circuits)
- Achuta Kadambi (Computational Imaging, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, Medical Devices)
- William Kaiser (Biomedical informatics, embedded systems, biomedical devices)
- Ankur Mehta (Printable robotics, Rapid design and fabrication, Controls algorithms, Wireless sensor networks)
- Majid Sarrafzadeh (Embedded systems, health analytics, biomedical systems, and algorithm design). Joint appointment with CS Department.
- Nader Sehatbakhsh (Security and Privacy, Computer Architecture, IoT/Embedded Systems Security, and Side-Channels)
- Mani B. Srivastava (Embedded software, Ubiquitous and mobile computing, Human-cyber-physical systems, Security and privacy, Mobile health, Internet of things, Energy-aware computing)
- Lixia Zhang (Internet architecture and protocol designs, security and resiliency of large-scale systems). Joint appointment with CS Department.
- Omid Abari (Internet-of-Things (IoT), Digital Health, Ubiquitous Sensing, Wireless and Mobile Systems, Human-computer interaction (HCI)). Joint appointment with CS Department.
Our Latest Research News
- Inaugural Computer Engineering Bootcamp
The first Computer Engineering Bootcamp was held July 24-28 virtually. The program engaged incoming Computer Engineering freshmen and gave them
- Irina Alam awarded 2019 Cadence Women in Technology Scholarship.
Irina Alam, a graduate student from Prof. Puneet Gupta’s lab, is the recent recipient of a 2019 Cadence Women in
- Qualcomm Fellowship Recipients 2018 – 2019
Saptadeep Pal, Han Yan & Shi Bu have won the very selective 2019 Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship. Only 13 proposals out