The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, jointly with the Computer Science Department, has established a new undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering. Computer engineers build complex hardware-software systems ranging from small Internet-of-things to large datacenters.
Computer Engineering Faculty in ECE Department.
- Xiang “Anthony” Chen (Human-computer interaction, sensing and interaction techniques, intelligent user interfaces, computational design and fabrication)
- Jason Cong (Computer system architecture, energy-efficient computing, reconfigurable computing, electronic design automation, fault-tolerant design of VLSI systems, design for nanotechnologies, design and analysis of algorithms). Joint appointment with CS Department.
- Puneet Gupta (Design-technology co-optimization, variability and reliability-aware computer architecture, electronic design automation, technology-enabled machine learning systems)
- Lei He (Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT); Programmable Logic (FPGA), AI-on-A-Chip, Quantum Computing; Modeling, Simulation and Validation for VLSI Circuits)
- Achuta Kadambi (Computational Imaging, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, Medical Devices)
- William Kaiser (Biomedical informatics, embedded systems, biomedical devices)
- Ankur Mehta (Printable robotics, Rapid design and fabrication, Controls algorithms, Wireless sensor networks)
- Majid Sarrafzadeh (Embedded systems, health analytics, biomedical systems, and algorithm design). Joint appointment with CS Department.
- Mani B. Srivastava (Embedded software, Ubiquitous and mobile computing, Human-cyber-physical systems, Security and privacy, Mobile health, Internet of things, Energy-aware computing)
- Lixia Zhang (Internet architecture and protocol designs, security and resiliency of large-scale systems). Joint appointment with CS Department.
Our Latest Research News
Irina Alam, a graduate student from Prof. Puneet Gupta’s lab, is the recent recipient of a 2019 Cadence Women in Technology Scholarship! The Cadence Team expressed: “Your impressive academic achievements, professor recommendations, and drive to shape the future of...
Saptadeep Pal, Han Yan & Shi Bu have won the very selective 2019 Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship. Only 13 proposals out of 115 were selected nationwide for this fellowship. All three are PhD candidates in the UCLA Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. The...
Professor Achuta Kadambi has received the prestigious CRII award from the National Science Foundation (NSF), totaling $175,000. He was recently appointed Assistant Professor for the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department in 2018. This selective award is...