|About the Program|
Students of the Month
Summer Undergraduate Scholars Program
Fast Track Program Requirements
- The Fast Track student will maintain an aggregate GPA of at least 3.3 at the end of each academic year.
- If a student fails to be in good standing at the end of the year, he/she will be placed on probation for two quarters. If the student fails to improve his/her GPA to above 3.3, he/she will be dropped from the Fast Track Program.
- The Fast Track students must take certain honors classes that will be oﬀered each year. To complete the Fast Track program, the student will have completed a total of at least 30 honors course units.
- After the freshman year, all Fast Track students will be provided with paid summer internships with ECE faculty.
- After the sophomore and junior years, those Fast Track students with an aggregate GPA of 3.5 will be given preference for paid summer internships with ECE faculty or with Industry. While every eﬀort will be made to place the Fast Track students in the summer “Research Experience for Undergraduates” (REU) Program, the ECE Department does not guarantee placement for all the students.
Professor Rob Candler, Professor Danijela Cabric, and Professor Clarice Aiello are the faculty mentors for the Fast Track Group. They meet with the students once every month to discuss academic and/or social issues and advise students on career opportunities.